Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Today we head to Boston for my MRI of the lesion below my right kidney.  I did have the opportunity to review the original films with my endocrinologist.  We are both amazed that the radiologist missed it...although understandable to some extinct, given he was really just focusing on the adrenals.  He told me that if this lesion is highly suspicious for a pheo, that we will have to scan from the neck down to the bladder area to look for more.  Rob and I are starting to think that this is probably a good idea to do anyway prior to surgery.  If there is something somewhere that we don't know about that could possibly be knicked during surgery, that would not be good. These tumors (pheos) can also form in the neck, bladder, and around the areas of the heart.  They will be inserting lines and catheters into those areas during surgery, so it makes sense to know if there is something there before they go poking around!!

So I continue to keep my eyes on God through all of this and let Him take hold of me and carry me through this!

Thank you all for your continued thoughts, prayers, and support!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry I have not check in on you...I have been dealing with some medical issues with Philip. I am praying for you and hope you get clear answers with the new scan. I know it is hard not knowing what you are dealing with.
    Let me know how you are doing.
    Hugs
    Amy B
    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/philipbriggs

    ReplyDelete