Friday, April 3, 2009

Discouraging news today from the surgeon.  They have given us a tentative date of May 21st.  This is much later than we had hoped.  After speaking with the surgeon on Tues., he gave us the impression that he wanted a certain anesthesiologist in on my case if she were available.  The feeling I got from the admin at the office was quite guarantees, highly unlikely, but we can request.  This will obviously warrant a conversation with the surgeon once again.  I will be going down to meet with the anesthesiologist prior to surgery and am waiting to here when that appt will be.  There is always the chance the surgery could be sooner, but ????  I left a message with my Endocrinologist to let hime know as well.  This was very discouraging...not only is the date a long time from now, but it interferes with my sister coming to nephew graduates from high school on June 4, and he is Valedictorian of his class, as well as our big "kick off" camping trip was scheduled for Memorial Day Weekend.  Even if they move the surgery up a week, I'm not sure I will be up to the trip, as they will have switched my meds by then and I could be feeing pretty lousy.  Pushing out past the holiday weekend isn't really an option either for the same reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment